Every couple desires to have a boy like an angel or a girl like a fairy. This is the ultimate happiness for any human being to get a child. Now, as it is the most precious gift in the world, it deserves a great care. There should be no deficiency about taking care of the baby, even a single matter should be considered with high concentrations.
It is one of the first major decisions you will have to make as a new parent that is finding the best pad for your baby’s crib. It is a matter of regret that most parents don’t consider this seriously. They take this matter lightly rather they are more concerned about baby food. Of course baby food is to be dealt with great care, but a mattress can affect baby’s health greatly. So don’t treat this as a simple choice, ignoring the possible effects on your baby’s health. It may cause them to suffocate during sleep or develop back and neck pains. This is why you need to do adequate research before making that trip to the local baby shop. Gathering knowledge from the many crib mattress reviews can be very helpful before rushing to the shop.
Things you should review
Here are the things you ought to consider before making your pick:
- At first you must select the right size that perfectly fits the crib. Check the dimensions of the two and ensure very little space will remain in between.
- Secondly, you must consider the stiffness. Irrespective of the type, the mattress you choose must be perfectly firm. Press it with your palm to ensure it is sufficiently firm and quickly bounces back into shape. You can also lift the mattress to be certain about the weights.
- Take a look for the vents. Ensure that the mattress has vents on the sides. The vents make the pad flexible as the baby bounces on it.
- Then you should observe the cover. Vinyl covers are the most ideal for any crib. They are easy to wash and do not allow any liquids that spill to sip through. Nylon covers despite being expensive allow tear free stretching of the vinyl.
Variation regarding different components
There are different types of mattress available in the market. Here are the main types you will find in today’s market:
1. This kind of mattress is called Organic. This new line of products includes pads made from natural substances such as cotton, wool and latex. With such a wide variety at their disposal, many parents are left confused on which one to choose for their kid.
2. This is considered as innerspring. These mattresses come with steel coils padded inside a protective cover. They are usually very firm so as to provide optimum support for the baby.
3. Another type is called foam. These pads are made of polyurethane foam stuffed inside a mattress cover. They are the most popular among parents, mainly because they are affordable and readily available.
Buying the best mattress is one of the best gifts any parent can give to their baby. By the right choice every time you set foot in a baby shop, you not only get value for your money but also ensure your child’s health is enhanced.